Purpose of this Conference:
In a globalised economy with a high degree of competition
among countries, the success of a nation depends on the
educational level of its workforce. This is true not only for
those just entering or already integrated into the labour
market but also for the unemployed, who may lack the
qualifications required by the growing demands of a
Governments should work to ensure that all citizens receive
the technological training and experience necessary to
participate in the global economy. Traditional school
curricula tend to prioritise the accumulation of knowledge
over the application of knowledge, and many school
systems fail to adequately train students in digital
citizenship and literacy.
Education reform is essential to provide learners with what
are commonly called 21st century skills — those
competencies and values needed to become responsible
citizens in a learning society and sustain employability
throughout life in a knowledge economy.
The Format: The format of the summit is interactive with roundtable discussions and case studies from leading academics, CIOs, regulators, NGOs, service providers and EduTech entrepreneurs, all sharing their experiences on what works and what does not.
|Topics will include:
Who Should Attend?
E-Learning Technology: Linking Education to
- E-Learning and educational management
- Investing in ICT education
- Investment & International Development
Policies For African Education
- Integration of ICT in the South African
- Using Mobile Devices to Bring Rich Media
Content to Classrooms
- Enhancing Education with Mobile Broadband
- Strengthening Science & Technology Capacity
through Africa’s Universities
- Efforts and Opportunities for University
Connectivity in Africa
- Learner centred teaching strategies using
- Swapping the chalk board and overhead
projector for new technologies to increase
- Is Africa’s education potential beyond the
Millennium Development Goals yet?
- Education policy development
- University Chancellors
- Directors of Education
- Curriculum Development Specialists
- Instructional Designers
- Director of Learning & Educational
- District-level Leaders
- Technology Directors/Technologists
- Special Education Instructors
- CIOs of educational institutions
|Click here to view the draft agenda.
We have three levels of participation: Platinum, Gold and Silver Sponsorship.
Who should sponsor?
Sponsorship opportunities are available to organizations that provide technology solutions to the
Education services industry. If you are looking to increase your market share, brand awareness or want to be seen as a leader in the financial services industry, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
For sponsorship opportunities, please view the event brochure.
Register now to secure your seat
Date: March 17, 2016
Delegate Fee: R4 950
The conference registration fee includes entry into all round table sessions, networking sessions, all conference documents, delegate bags, corporate gifts and USB sticks, light lunch and refreshments.
For additional payment options, please view the brochure.
Registration, Sponsorship & Speaking Enquiries:
Tel: +27 11 026 0982